Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Family Man's Creed

With God's Help, I will do my best to:

Praise And Honor God Daily
In my thoughts, My words and my Deeds, thus establishing the foundation for my success as a true family Man.
Honor And Respect My Wife,
loving her as Christ loves His church and faithfully demonstrating my lifelong commitment to providing for her needs.
Spiritually Protect My Family
by constantly interceding in prayer for their needs, establishing the word of God as our home's final authority, and boldly declaring that "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord."
Emotionally Protect My family
by speaking words blessings and encouragement, spending lots of quality time together, and remembering to be slow to anger and quick to extend mercy.
Physically Protect My Family
through hard word, preparedness, and diligence, understanding that my call as a family man requires daily sacrifices.
Be Faithful To My Family
by ensuring regular weekly church attendance and faithful giving of my time and resources, in addition to maintaining relationships with other Christian men for edification and accountability.
Ask The Lord Daily For Wisdom
and His empowerment that I may walk in the Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self-control
Allow No other Activities To Distract Me
from my number one priority, which is to be assured that my family proclaims Jesus Christ as there Lord and Savior.

1 comment:

  1. Matt,

    Very nice. Shared link to this entry on our blog.

    ReplyDelete